- Created on Monday, 27 September 2010 23:17
- Written by Edna
- Category: Health
Here are the three essential vitamins for beauty and how you can get them.
Vitamin C is essential for the health of the hair, eyes and teeth, resistance to infection, healing of wounds and firm skin tissues.
- Prevents the pigment clumping that the sun turns into age spots
- Strengthens capillaries to avoid easy bruising or the tiny hemorrhages that become spider veins.
- Helps the oil-secreting glands function property to keep the skin from drying out.
- Prevents bleeding of the gums.
Natural sources for vitamin C
- Green vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, green peppers, raw leafy greens, tomatoes
- Fresh fruits, like lemon, orange and grapefruit, cantaloupe, kiwi, strawberries
- Black currants, blackberries, buckwheat, cherries, and grape are rich sources of flavonoids
Vitamin D is essential for healthy teeth, bones and nails as well as for the assimilation of calcium and phosphorus. It promotes healthy eyes, skin and teeth.
Deficiency of Vitamin D can lead to dental decay.
Natural Sources of Vitamin D
- Rays of the sun
- Beef liver
- Sprouted seeds
- Synthetic Vitamin D is manufactured from fish liver oils
Vitamin E helps form muscles and tissues to prevent wrinkles and premature aging of the skin. It helps prevent dry, dull skin, age spots, falling hair and dandruff. It improves circulation and healing of scars. Research has shown that large doses of vitamin E double healthy cell reproduction to slow the aging process and forestall premature wrinkling.
Caution: If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, or an overactive thyroid, check with your physician before taking supplemental E.
Natural Sources of Vitamin E
- Whole wheat bread
- Whole grains
- Wheat germ
- Raw or spouted seeds
- Brussels sprouts
- Egg yolks
- Leafy greens
- Sunflower seeds
- Vegetable oils