- Created on Saturday, 02 July 2011 01:17
- Written by paz ALfonso
- Category: Health
Our body skeletal system is composed of bones of a variety and different shapes and sizes. It has different functions and supports including framework for the body structure in which supports the tissues and protect the vital organs. It serves as levers, running the muscles to produce our body movement. It also works to generate our red blood cells within the marrow and acts as a reservoir for calcium and phosphorus.
Here are the Suggestions for Wellness
- If you are concern about your health especially on your bone, see a doctor about having a bone density test, much more if you are a woman above 50 years old.
- Choose your diet that is rich in calcium. Food rich in calcium are milk products as well as tofu, salmon, sardines (with bones) and dark leafy green vegetables.
- You can also take a calcium supplement to make sure that you are getting the recommended calcium daily amount.
- Practice getting a morning sun. Sun exposure produces vitamin D – a vitamin that aide’s calcium absorption. If that’s not possible to your routine you may also include Vitamin D in your supplement.
- Enrol to an exercise program.
- Quit smoking, get rid of caffeine and carbonated drinks and reduce your salt intake, each of these will take calcium loss from your body.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Get an advice to your doctor about Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
- Food like spinach, chard, beet greens and chocolate contain substance that can prevent calcium absorption.
- Magnesium will also improve bone density and will assist calcium absorption.
- The mineral zinc is necessary in a quantity of biological processes which take in the formation of a strong bone formation. Scientists have revealed that persons with osteoporosis often have small zinc levels.