As a Planet Fashion TV contributor, you're on the cutting edge of online media and part of an international community of content creators. You'll build your own audience as you publish articles, images, audio and video to Planet Fashion TV on the topics that you're most passionate about. We're eager to help you publish with the Planet Fashion TV Contributor Network. A few things to know before you submit content:
If you are creating an article within the Planet Fashion TV articles submission area and start the article and decide to proceed later or get sidetracked, you have to save your work prior to proceeding. The session will time out after 10-15 min if you’re not actively using or if the computer loses its internet connection. If you do not save your article prior to session timing out you will lose what you have done.
We suggest creating articles outside of the article submission area in notepad (rather than word) or textedit for Mac. Then copy and paste unformatted text content into article submission area. Below are detailed guidelines for the Planet Fashion TV article submission process.
- Submit original content. We love content that you create especially for us. We also accept content you've already published elsewhere, as long as you still own the copyright to it and the byline matches either your real name or your pen name on your profile page. Review and insure that your article has the correct spelling for those commonly misspelled words.
- Be informative and succinct. Offer enough in-depth information so that the average reader will be satisfied without being burdened with extraneous detail or wordiness. A sufficient length for text content is usually 300 to 400 words. For the best SEO value, you'll want at least 250-300 words on each page.
- Proofread. Your sentences should exhibit correct grammar, structure, spelling, and punctuation. Copy should follow our formatting guidelines.
- Give each article a strong, descriptive headline. Think: What words or phrases would a Web user enter to find this content via search? Your headline should be no more than 55 characters and include at least one keyword.
- Cite your sources. Any source that informed your content should be cited in some way.
- Use single spaces between paragraphs.
- All text should be left-justified.
- Content is published in 10-point Times New Roman font. Our text editor should automatically convert your submission. If it does not, either: turn off our text editor before pasting your text, use Notepad or textEdit as your word processing software (rather than Microsoft Word), or type directly into our submission template. Any of these methods will ensure proper formatting.Press Releases submitted as articles
- Limit use of bold and italicized words to section headers or highlighting of key points. Underlining should only be used for links.
- Avoid excessive capitalization. In general, only proper nouns, the first letter of each sentence, and acronyms should be capitalized. TEXT WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS (like that) is considered shouting on the Internet – use your inside voice.
- Place the title of your article in the headline field only.
- All images attached to an article must be relevant to the content, and abide by all of the image guidelines
Our expectation is for articles submitted to be as 'publication ready’ as possible. Any submissions requiring significant editing may not be considered. This could include overly long articles or previously published/written items which require excessive modifications. Previously published/written items are fine, provided that, prior to submission, the author has made the necessary edits in accordance with these guidelines.
Image and Video Guidelines
- Images must be JPEG, PNG, or GIF format and under 1MB
- Image width should not exceed 1100px
- The use of images from other sites must comply with the terms and conditions of that site as it relates to that image, as well as to any relevant copyright laws.
- Video’s are accepted from most video providers, YouTube, vimeo, Google, etc.. Video submissions must be in WMV, MPEG, MOV, ASF, or AVI formats. Limit video file size to 64MB. (Our video player's aspect ratio is 4:3. The optimal video size for it is 550x413 or higher. You may embed video within articles
Planet Fashion News & Events