- Created on Monday, 27 September 2010 23:20
- Written by Planet Fashion TV
- Category: Hair & Skin
You know how the saying goes… you are what you eat. Well when it comes to hair that’s absolutely true. The best way to ensure healthy strong locks is to watch what you eat. You’re going to need to make sure you’re consuming the proper amounts of minerals, vitamins, proteins, natural oils and water.
Water- is a basic component of life. If you don’t drink enough water your hair may become dry, lifeless and brittle.
Minerals- Copper helps your hair maintain a vibrant color, iron keeps it strong and zinc and magnesium helps it grow.
- Vitamin A: it is an antioxidant that aids in the making of healthy sebum in the scalp. Food sources rich in Vitamin A are fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches.
- Vitamin C: they work towards maintaining hair health. Sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple, tomatoes, and dark green vegetables.
- Vitamin E: it helps in improving the scalp circulation. Food sources rich in vitamin E are vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green vegetables.
- Biotin: it works as an anti aging agent by preventing graying of hair and hair loss. Sources of biotin are: whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk.
- Inositol: it helps in keeping hair follicles healthy. Rich food sources include whole grains, liver and citrus fruits.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): it aids in promoting scalp circulation. Rich food sources include wheat germ, fish, chicken, turkey and meat.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): it helps in preventing graying and hair loss. Rich food sources encompass whole grain cereals, organ meats and egg yolks.
- Vitamin B6: Prevents hair loss. Food sources include brewer's yeast, liver, whole grain cereals, vegetables, organ meats and egg yolk.
- Vitamin B12: Prevents hair loss. Rich food sources include chicken, fish, eggs and milk.
Natural Oils- Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to be a key factor in skin, nail and hair health so make sure you eat salmon, tuna, flaxseed oil, walnuts and almonds.
So in order to have healthy hair make sure you eat plenty of meat, nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables. If not you can get these vitamins in supplement form.