Sean Penn Hosts Star-Studded Benefit in CannesWritten by Planet Fashion TV 20 May 2012
The actor and activist hosted a starry affair attended by David Schwimmer, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Diane Kruger, Jessica Chastain, Michelle Rodriguez, Ewan MacGregor, Gerald Butler and Penn's onetime gal pal Petra Nemcova, among others.
At one point Penn joked to the crowd: "I want to ask every woman here to turn to the man next to her and say I won't sleep with you tonight unless you make a big donation."
Two U2 VIP concert tickets and one of Bono's Gretsch guitars fetched 200,000 euros apiece, and three people shelled out $100,000 each to spend three days in Haiti with Penn.
The upbeat evening was a change from Friday afternoon when Penn went on a profanity-laced tirade about how the media and the world has abandoned Haiti in the wake of a devastating earthquake there.
Latest from Planet Fashion TV
- Louis Vuitton Men's 2013 Spring Collection Highlights
- Chinese Fashion Brands Want To Break In To The Western Market: Trying London First
- Lady Gaga Is Making A Documentary With Photographer Terry Richardson
- Janet Jackson Engaged To Arab Billionaire
- Todd Barret Announces Launch of New Collection During Art Basel
Planet Fashion News & Events