- Created on Friday, 30 March 2012 21:53
- Written by Planet Fashion TV
- Category: Places
The Silk Gallery is the leading UK based design house for furnishing fabrics. It's charming owner Katheryn Thompson, once a leading interior designor, opened the SIlk Gallery in 1989. She personally designs all of the luxury fabrics herself. It's the only fabrics company completely manufactured in Britian and there is a distinctly British sensibility and elegance to her design, which are heavily inspired by classical themes.
Take a look at the current collections on their site here The Silk House
About their spring collection:
There are three main thrusts to the new Silk Gallery collections for 2012, launched in March at London Design Week in the Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour:
• FROM AFRICA – Two ranges which capture the sense of Africa, nature and the wild. The silk collection combines faux skins with vibrant, iridescent colours. The effect is exciting and exotic. The unpredictable use of colour which is key to this collection adds a touch of humour as well as glamour.
Similar inspiration is used in a flax and silk collection, but here texture is key and the colours are natural and earthy.
• FASHION – Here inspiration is taken from the use of lace seen in the recent catwalk fashion shows. The fabrics are given a furnishing design twist and coupled with ice cream colours to create a cool and feminine look.
• GLAMOUR – Puccini, Cygnus, French Floral, Jewel Stripe and Crown. These are dramatic, bold designs featuring texture and executed in luxurious, jewel colours. These are not designs for the faint hearted but are conceived for use in dramatic rooms in glamorous settings.
• TRIMMINGS – New collections have been launched to accompany the fabric collections.
As ever the new fabric ranges are designed and manufactured in England to the highest quality standards. Bespoke colours can be commissioned for as little as 10 metres.
For further information contact:
Kathryn or Robyn
Tel: 00 44 20 7351 1790
Fax: 00 44 20 7376 4693