iPhone 5 Unwraps New Phone With New DesignWritten by Planet Fashion TV 14 September 2012
The iPhone 5 has finally arrived.
Apple announced the latest version of the iPhone Wednesday, unveiling a device that's thinner, lighter, faster and taller than its predecessor.
"This is the biggest thing to happen to iPhone since the iPhone," said Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller.
What's new? Here's a rundown.
It Doesn't Look Exactly Like The iPhone 4S
The iPhone 5 features a 4-inch display (i.e. it's larger than the iPhone 4S) and an aluminum and glass body that weighs 112 g and is 7.6 mm thick, making it 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S. The phones will be two toned, coming in either "black and slate" or "white and silver."
The larger screen, not unlike the ones on Samsung's popular Galaxy smartphones, gives the new iPhone's display a 1,136 x 640 resolution and features Apple's Retina display.
The bigger display will help give your scrolling finger a rest, too: the iPhone's home screen allows for an additional, fifth row of icons. So on new iPhones, we'll be toggling back and forth less frequently when trying to find that app we want to open.
Latest from Planet Fashion TV
- Louis Vuitton Men's 2013 Spring Collection Highlights
- Chinese Fashion Brands Want To Break In To The Western Market: Trying London First
- Lady Gaga Is Making A Documentary With Photographer Terry Richardson
- Janet Jackson Engaged To Arab Billionaire
- Todd Barret Announces Launch of New Collection During Art Basel
Planet Fashion News & Events