The Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive Supercar is Powerful!Written by Planet Fashion TV 07 October 2012
We all knew that a Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive supercar was in the pipeline, but what we didn't know was that it would boast 740 horsepower and 738ft-lbs of torque. That's an astounding 177hp and 259ft-lbs more than the 6.2L gasoline engine.
Charging will either take 20 hours from a regular wall socket, or three from a custom speed charging unit. While the added weight of that battery is certainly not good for handling, Mercedes opted to lighten the car significantly using carbon fiber and aluminum in an attempt to make up for it.
Check out the video and pictures below!
Latest from Planet Fashion TV
- Louis Vuitton Men's 2013 Spring Collection Highlights
- Chinese Fashion Brands Want To Break In To The Western Market: Trying London First
- Lady Gaga Is Making A Documentary With Photographer Terry Richardson
- Janet Jackson Engaged To Arab Billionaire
- Todd Barret Announces Launch of New Collection During Art Basel
Planet Fashion News & Events